Achievements and Core Skills
I have been fortunate to be exposed to some of the UK’s most interesting businesses both large and small over a number of years that has given me the skills to quickly get to the heart of client needs and gain an understanding of their business operations, financing and subsequent risk and insurance needs.
I have spent many years in sales and business development and I am an accomplished and willing presenter to a wide range of audiences from PLC Board to sole trader.
I have managed people for over half my working life and enjoy developing others and bringing out the best in them. I am not afraid to take difficult or unpopular decisions for the good of the business and always seek to recruit skilled and ambitious staff. I have facilitated growth plans and managed redundancy programmes where necessary.
I have a clear sense of the strength that comes from teamwork and the key is always appropriate delegation and appropriation of key skills from diverse sources as necessary.
In brief I offer:
- Highly developed client management skills
- Experienced staff manager and recruiter at all levels
- Profit centre management experience
- Sales and Development focus
- “Buck stops here” sense of responsibility and a clear commitment
I have successfully developed insurance businesses in both broking and underwriting sectors throughout my career.
Key achievements have come about through hard work and being inquisitive about client or broker businesses and seeing opportunities where others may not.
- Developing core casualty underwriting skills and broker relationships to exceed underwriting targets for both income and profit.
- Taking an abandoned territory for Provincial and doubling its income in two years through hard work and core relationship building with intermediaries.
- Developing business with JCB from a standing start within a specific industry sector, recruiting a sales team and opening a Southern office. Cold-calling and developing other sources of introduced business.
- 11 years experience in sales and client management with Sedgwick – highlights include developing servicing Account Executive sales from nil to £40k per capita and winning (at the time) the largest client Risk Consultancy project at $570,000 for a pharmaceutical client.
- Re-establishing Zurich in the Education sector through pure new business efforts and developing broker relationships.
- Repairing the AIG business in Reading and doubling the income and profit in 3 years.
- Establishing and developing a sales force for Towergate in the leisure homes market.